SAP to FAS Asset Accounting: Live Update 7

Coming down the home stretch… We are now finalizing the 4562 balances of all six companies!  Guess what happened along the way? 

Through data mining and going through their data output with a fine tooth comb, we discovered millions of dollars worth of discrepancies, for bonus depreciation and mis-appropriated adjustements — in their favor!  What a fun day that was!  As I anticipated, our project has already paid for itself 20 times over and we are 70% finished.  Which leaves a good 30% left for more positive outcomes!

Wow… moving federal tax depreciation and state calculations out of a monster system such as SAP (or any ERP solution) – including to a ton of off-line spreadsheet adjustments, you might actually benefit more than you think!  So… why is it again YOU aren’t making the switch to Sage FAS?  Yes, I know… good question!

Next step in this process, agreeing to State balances and working out Quarterly updates.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: